Spark Smith Electric, Inc.
Electrical Hazard Protection Assessment
With over 50 Google Reviews, Spark Smith Electric, Inc has been rated as the number one choice for an electrician in the Oakland and surrounding areas by homeowners and businesses.
14-Point Electrical Hazard Protection Assessment
May safe the life of someone you love.
Main Electrical Panel
Is your electrical panel from Federal Pacific which has had a HUGE failure rate. Are your breakers labeled for emergency shutoff?
GFCI & AFCI
Have you tested your GFCI and AFCI in the last 30 days. All outlets that may be exposed to water need a properly operating circuit interupt.
CO2 & Smoke Detectors
Have you tested your Carbon Monoxide and Smoke detectors in the last 30 days? Are detectors present in all the proper areas to prevent accidental death?
Space Heater Safety
Every winter, thousands of families experience a home fire because of incorrect space heater use. Is the space heater in the proper location and does it have a trip safety shutoff?
Is the cable bringing in the electricity to your home properly connected, free of damage and have the proper breaker?
Is your home wiring properly grounded? A short or ungrounded system can lead to fires and damage of todays high energy computers.
Do you have an evacuation plan? Have you installed tamper resistant receptacles? Have you inspected cords for fraying or broken wires.
Lightning can zip through the power lines outside, surge right into your home and into anything you’ve got plugged into your outlets. Is there a whole house surge protector or surge protection at the outlets?
Remember that extension cords should only be used as a temporary measure, and never for your space heaters or air conditioning.
Have you inspected the back of your refrigerator for debris and dust on the coils which reduces energy efficiency and can create a fire?
Outlets and Switches
Are the outlets and switches working properly. Are they grounded? Do you have Aluminum wiring which requires specialized outlets?
The hot, neutral and ground slots for a plug have been mixed up somehow; this can damage the electrical device in that outlet or cause a shock.
What type of wiring do you have? Knob and Tube, Aluminum, Copper. Are there improper connections? Is the wiring grounded?